The National Diverse Student Network is a student-led organisation which was started in 2020 with the help of founding partners, Barrister, Sailesh Mehta, Solicitor, Michael Herford and academics, Dr Rita D’Alton-Harrison and Nicola Antoniou. It is currently led by a student committee and board of advisers. The Network is targeted at students from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds and those with an interest in equality, diversity and inclusiveness within education and the professions.
The NDSN Committee Terms of Reference are as follows:
- Provide a friendly and supportive environment for students from the community to meet and share ideas.
- Organise relevant and focused activities to support graduate employability, wellbeing and attainment to help members reach their potential.
- Actively seek members’ views to push forward an agenda for change.
- Champion diversity, equality and inclusivity.
- Challenge injustice, racism, hatred and inequality in all forms.
- Encourage entrepreneurial, innovative and creative projects within the community.